Classroom Assistants KS1-KS4
Employment Type: Full Time
Greenfields School - Kent
Salary: Salary: £14,000 per annum, Term-time only
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021
Greenfields School, Biddenden, Kent
37 hours per week, term-time
We are a “Good” School (Ofsted rated October 2021)
Childhood First is a leading charity in the provision of care, education and psychotherapeutic treatment for children suffering the consequences of early life trauma, deprivation and abuse. Greenfields Therapeutic Community comprises of Greenfields House, Gables House, Oakwood House and Greenfields School and is for a small group of young people with complex emotional needs aged 5-16yrs. Greenfields School provision comprises of an Upper and Lower School across separate sites within the community.
We are a therapeutic education setting that focus on holistic teaching to meet the needs of every individual young person. We are looking for passionate and resilient Teaching Assistants who have experience in mainstream or, SEN specialist schools. The most important thing is that you have a passion to support individualised programmes of therapeutic education, tailored specifically to the needs of each young person.
We would like to hear from you if:
- you have supported one Key Stage or across the whole curriculum to a variety of age groups.
- you are interested in a new career or have a wealth of experience behind you.
- you are able to embrace an innovative curriculum model, child-centred systems and holding high expectations.
- you will be a passionate Teaching Assistant who understands the challenges and rewards of working with traumatised children across Key Stages 1 – 4.
- your personal qualities include good humour, empathy, balance and robustness, in addition to a proven ability to inspire reluctant learners with complex emotional barriers.
We can offer you:
- iST therapeutic education training.
- a fantastic, dedicated and supportive staff team to work alongside.
- an education provision that makes a huge impact on our young people’s lives.
- integration with the Greenfields Therapeutic Community that builds a robust working network for the benefit of our young people.
- 1:1 supervision and reflective practice group participation.
We are happy to meet with you to have an informal discussion and a tour of the school so you can have a greater understanding of the work we do at Greenfields School, Childhood First.
All applicants must have a Full Driving Licence.
This post can commence immediately (start dates can be negotiated).
Closing date: Friday, 3rd December, 2021
Interviews : Thursday, 9th December 2021
Childhood First is committed to safeguarding children. Appointments will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure and references.