Head of Staff Training and Development
Employment Type: Full Time
iST - London
Closing Date: Friday 5th January 2024
- Permanent, full time with some flexibility
- Location: Borough, London with frequent travel to Kent and Norfolk
Childhood First enables children and young people to recover from severe abuse and relational trauma, to enjoy life and to achieve their potential. We do this through the provision of specialist therapeutic residential care and treatment, together with family and network support. It is also a UKCP Training Organisational Member accredited with Middlesex University, providing in-house clinical training to its clinical staff.
What you’ll bring;
The post holder must be UKCP registered as a Child & Adolescent Psychotherapist. They must be able to inspire their team and collaborate with colleagues across a complex multi-stakeholder environment as well as bringing;
- Specialist knowledge and experience of clinical psychotherapeutic theory, systemic thinking and practice.
- Established skills in developing applied psychotherapeutic learning materials.
- Established skills as a trainer including the ability to assess the impact of training and the student experience, using this to improve quality.
- To lead and ensure delivery of the clinical training in the iST model, mostly face to face across London, Kent and Norfolk.
- To supervise and manage Course Tutors.
- To motivate your team to engage in continuous professional development.
What we’ll do for you;
You will be well positioned to contribute to the Training and Development strategy as part of the senior management team and will achieve significant impact as we implement ‘Our People’ strategy to improve the lives of our children and all our staff. You will benefit from a friendly, professional and motivated team with opportunities for personal development and growth. Our benefits package includes, generous pension contributions, life assurance and health benefits.
Position and Team;
Reporting to the Clinical Institute Director and managing a team of Course Tutors.
To express an interest in applying please submit a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org of no more than one page telling us why you want to apply, and what you expect to gain both personally and professionally.
Interviews will be held on Friday 12th January 2024
Childhood First is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS Disclosure and references.