We undertake in-depth assessment of the emotional, psychological and educational needs of all the children who come to us for help, at each stage of their journey through their placement. We also provide specialist assessments for courts and other agencies. And we consult to and facilitate external professionals and organisations in thinking about the needs of traumatised children.
Scope of assessment
iST assessment includes analysis of:
- the internal world of the child
- the external environment within which the child lives
- the impact of past experience on developmental stages
- the child’s present functioning
- together with planning for the future.
iST assessment of a child’s functioning involves an evaluation of:
- Physical health
- Emotional and mental health
- Sexual and psychosexual development
- Psychosocial development
- Educational development and achievement.
iST assessment is multi-disciplinary, incorporating input from psychotherapy, psychiatry, social work and education, and includes a range of resources for understanding the child: